Register for our free email digests:
Latest From Immco Diagnostics Inc.
Allergan finds a white knight in Actavis and Valeant finds a plan B in diagnostics firm Nicox. Meanwhile Pfizer pays $850 million up front to license Merck KGAA’s anti-PD-L1 antibody, in the hopes of catching up in the immuno-oncology space, and BioMarin takes on Prosensa and its Duchenne muscular dystrophy candidate after it was abandoned by GSK.
Valeant will pay up to $20 million to gain Nicox's diagnostics unit, including a panel for Sjögren’s syndrome and a lab-developed test for age-related macular degeneration.
Derived from Strategic Transactions, Elsevier Business Intelligence’s premium source for tracking life sciences deal activity, the Dealmaking column is a survey of recent health care transactions listed by relevant industry segment – In Vitro Diagnostics, Medical Devices, and Pharmaceuticals – and then categorized by type – Acquisition, Alliance, or Financing. This month’s column covers deals announced September through October 2013.
In a regional deal, AstraZeneca licensed rights to FibroGen’s renal candidate in an alliance worth $815 million; Elan finally agreed to an $8.3 billion takeover by Perrigo; biopharma financing totaled $7.1 billion and $2 billion in June and July, respectively, while device fundraising reached $325 million and $316 million in the same months.
- Specialty Pharmaceuticals
- Therapeutic Areas
- Infectious & Viral Diseases
- Neurology, Nervous System
- Shire Ltd.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Group PLC
- North America
- Company Type
- Midsize European
- Parent & Subsidiaries
- Baxalta Inc.
- Bikam Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Dyax Corp.
- FerroKin Biosciences Inc.
- Fibrotech Therapeutics Pty. Ltd.
- Foresight Biotherapeutics Inc.
- Jerini AG
- Lotus Tissue Repair Inc.
- Lumena Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Meritage Pharma Inc.
- Movetis NV
- New River Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Pervasis Therapeutics Inc.
- Richwood Pharmaceutical Co. Inc.
- Roberts Pharmaceutical Corp.
- SARcode Bioscience Inc.
- Shire BioChem Inc.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies AB
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies Inc.
- Shire Pharmaceuticals Ireland Ltd.
- Shire Regenerative Medicine Inc.
- ViroPharma Inc.
- Senior Management
Flemming Ornskov, MD, CEO
Jeffrey Poulton, CFO
Philip Vickers, PhD, Head, R&D
Perry Sternberg, Head, US Commercial
- Contact Info
Phone: (44)(617) 349-0200
300 Shire Way
Lexington, MA 02421
You must sign in to use this functionality
All set! This article has been sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All fields are required. For multiple recipients, separate email addresses with a semicolon.